Subject: [Leica] Blurb books
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu Jul 3 18:21:47 2008

I'm afraid this is how I see it.

A proof is something you make while you are printing which are are not going
to consider the end result. Its what comes right before your need result.
Moments before. When everything else is the same.  Maybe not the full size.
But the same ink and paper. Same hour. Same settings. Not next Tuesday.
Perhaps the paper is thinner. The earth is the same space around the sun.
the clock on the wall has not moved all that much.

Anything else is NOT a proof.
Its a print made on a different day under different circumstances;
And has limited use.
    like a monopod instead of a tripod.
A proof you know what your are getting. Its the next print out.
A non proof you don't. You just don't.
SOFT is another word for NON.
For NOT!
Its a NOT PROOF.

Why drive yourself crazy; why waste your time?
The printing is done by the printer. The blurb people. Not by you.
If you were there you could proof. Your not. You're in a different time
zone.
And you sure as hell don't want to buy an HP printer.

My name is Soft Cary Grant
I drive a Soft Ferrari.
Tomorrow I'm dating Soft Morgan Fairchild.

mark@rabinergroup.com
Mark William Rabiner