Subject: [Leica] OT: New Nikon D700 full frame
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard Man)
Date: Wed Jul 2 00:28:26 2008

Unless it's Leica :-)

Seriously, the film SLR makers that made small compact full featured
pro and semi-pro cameras were Olympus and Pentax. Olympus is sticking
with 4/3 as far as we know and Pentax does not have a 35mm sensor
unless Samsung makes one? Nikon and Canon are selling their stuff
like they are printing money so there's no point for them to jump
into this full frame small camera market...

At 09:53 PM 7/1/2008, Mark Rabiner wrote:

>35mm film cameras got quite small in the last decade of the past millennium.
>Can DSLR's and digital M's with so called full frame sensors be the same
>size as their film counterparts?
>Of course they can but we have to wait 4 years.
>Which means 2.
>
>As the digital rule is it never takes half as long as you think. At max.

// richard (This email is for mailing lists. To reach me directly,
please use richard at imagecraft.com)

Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] OT: New Nikon D700 full frame)