Subject: [Leica] 21mm M Biogon question
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Tue Jun 24 16:42:14 2008

You mean on a film M? I have the 4.5 version of the Biogon. I never saw any
mechanical vignetting on the M7 with a normal UV or a polariser. Definitely
not a problem on the M8. I think that the slim ones don't have any thread on
the front. That won't matter if you are using the bayonet hood though. Maybe
try any 46mm filter for yourself. Two test shots wide open with and without.
But if you have to buy a new one and the front thread doesn't matter for
you, the slim version is the logical choice.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/