Subject: [Leica] snooze and squeeze...
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Mon Jun 23 15:32:26 2008

Steve, the moments caught and the people's faces are delightful. I have to
be the heretic and say that I don't think the light makes them ideal
candidates for BW. (Lower levels with a little less distinct direction and
their natural darker skin tones). Mainly though I think both benefit from
lighter rendering. There is modelling and sufficient detail there, seen when
lightened (I tried globally lighter and they improve IMHO). For me they are
too far into the darks so that hair and eyes detail are lost. Two more
heresies;
A blink of fill flash might have been good for eyes in squeeze and I bet
that you would get more differentiation and engagement in colour in both.
Were these converted or shot as BW originals?
I'd be happy to read dissenting opinion (and probably will!)

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/