Subject: [Leica] OT : Against my better judgement-storing stamps
From: Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway)
Date: Sun Jun 22 19:07:55 2008

Chris:

The envelopes are as old as the stamps, so they may increase the value.

Stamps which have been applied to an envelope but haven't been through a
post office are not usually worth as much as a mint stamp, even if
they've been removed from the envelope.

Part of the issue is that the original glue has been disturbed by the
saliva of whomever moistened them.

If you still want to remove stamps that old, the best way is to soak
them for a few minutes in a bit of warm water, but this will remove all
of the original glue.

Jim