Subject: [Leica] a few...
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sat Jun 21 16:59:29 2008

Steve, I meant to comment on THIS one recently.
Works really well. Angles and drama and framing all great.
http://www.solio.us/gallery/PAW/church

For my taste, the first of these four has gone too far in moving down into
the darks. There's nothing left in the eyes and it doesn't work really well
for me with the otherwise engaging and warm mood and curves.
The second is intriguing and has very pleasing tones (and yummy smooth
flowing background). The texture of the glaze has shown nicely too.
Interesting to compare to your earlier shot of these objects.
Kimberly is a nice casual portrait without being a real 'wow' for me.
Last works very well. Very clean tones too. I might try a little more
asymmetrical crop (some from left??)
Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e