Subject: [Leica] Safe and out of the flood area
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey@mchsi.com)
Date: Fri Jun 13 23:40:00 2008

Chris,

Right now it is about 60% flooded, the northern part is still dry as far as
I know, the northern part is also higher in elevation.  That is where my
house is.  There is only one North-South road open and it is the major
highway, but only one lane either way.  All bridges over the river are
closed or under water.  The water is up to the top of the roadway on every
bridge from the photos I saw today.  They were expecting rain Saturday and
Sunday and expect another 5 to 10 feet of flood before it crests, which
would put the city under 35 to 40 feet of water above flood stage.  We have
offered our house to several friends who do live in the effected area, but
so far they tell us they have places to stay.  This has been one crazy year
for weather, just about every where you can think of.

Gene

From: "Chris Williams" <leicachris@worldnet.att.net>