Subject: [Leica] Favorite Non-Leica-Leica Lens?
From: marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Wed Jun 11 12:03:57 2008

At 02:04 PM 6/11/2008, Mark Rabiner wrote:

 >Anyway somebody DID come out with a 180 did they not for rangefinder?
 >Who? Canon?
 >For screw mount I think.

Well, Zeiss-Ikon had Carl Zeiss Jena produce a
6.3/18cm lens early on and then went up to a
2,8/18cm direct-mount Sonnar for the Contax at
the '36 games.  The mavens of Zeiss then came up
unhappy with the difficulty of this
arrangment.  Then they built the first version of
the Flekoskop, clearly a loss on the market, and
bear in mind that the Contax II and III had a
REALLY large baseline for its rangefinder, a
baseline only exceeded by the Kodak Ektra in the
history of miniature-format RF cameras.

Me?  I have a couple of those Ukrainian 2X
adapters and thus can couple up my 2/8.5cm CZJ
Sonnar T (Peter Dechert's old lens, for you guys
who remember him) and thus have a 4/17cm
combination.  I have never had a problem
accurately focusing this on a late LTM camera.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Favorite Non-Leica-Leica Lens?)