Subject: [Leica] Coded lens flange for Zeiss C Biogon 4.5 21 ZM
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Wed Jun 4 16:20:01 2008

Hi I just received two replacement lens flanges from John Milich. I want to
add 6 bit coding. They are both identical and I want to use them for the
Zeiss 4 18 and the 4.5 21. Screw alignment is perfect, calls up 28
framelines, fit and finish are excellent. I attempted to fit one to the C
Biogon 4.5 21. It does not have the internal helical nor an extension lip on
the inside surface that are present on the original Zeiss flange. The focus
does not operate on the camera and the locating ring for indexing tab is
loose. What am I missing here?
I have just sent a note to John Milich and am waiting on a response.
Has anyone fitted a replacement flange to the 4.5 21? Is it the same as the
2.8 21?
I have posted a query on the Leica Users Forum also.

Cheers

Geoff

http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/