Subject: [Leica] Re: Lenses for Digital
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Fri May 30 08:27:55 2008

I can only speak about the 20D (10-22) and 5D with the 24-70 L,
70-200 L IS and Leica R glass.
While the two Canon bodies make "pleasing" images with an
"acceptable" sharpness; the sensors (and software) do not seem to cut
anything near as sharp as the R8/DMR and M8. Since moving to Leica
for digital - the Canon's pretty much sit - unless something comes up
which needs "auto" focus, etc.

The images from the Canon, in my hands (ymmv), lack micro detail and
don't "sing."

I attribute the difference to Cmos vs. CCD as well as whatever
software does with the image.

Fond regards,
George
george@imagist.com