Subject: [Leica] Roll Tacking & Oops!
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Tue May 27 18:25:16 2008

Love it. Reminds me of a story of my pal Bud Jahnke in New Orleans.
I got this story from Ross Allen.

Bud was nearly deaf, even with hearing aids, but he loved to race
sailboats.  He was in a Lightning race once, and they suffered a knockdown
in Lake Pontchartrain.  Not a big problem, as these are pretty nice sized
boats with a crew of three,usually.

Ross said that after he looked around, Bud was swimming away from the boat.
Ross shouted at Bud, but since he was deaf, he did not respond.  Ross jumped
in, and swam as fast as he could to catch up to Bud.

Ross:  "We're safe, the boat is OK!"

Bud:  "I know! But my hearing aids are floating away in that mayonnaise
jar!"

I sure miss sailboat racing since I moved away from Lake Pontchartrain

Some old pix on the lake:

http://www.sonc.com/sail/index.htm

On a note to Richard, I think I'll go sailing soon.  The knees are doing
pretty great..