Subject: [Leica] Live View on the M8 - was shattering news
From: cummer at netvigator.com (Howard Cummer)
Date: Fri May 16 08:35:35 2008

Hi Nathan,
I agree that Live View on an M8 wouldn't replace a DSLR (that's just
me exaggerating) but
electronic view finders have advanced a lot, as I'm sure you know,
from the old Digilux. Look at the live view (922,000 pixels) on the
D300 or D3 for example. I am not advocating a digital M without an
optical view finder but think how much more versatile the M8 LV (Live
View NOT Louis Vuitton) would be with live view - exact framing, up to
10X magnification for precise focus (like on most LV screens these
days). It would really ramp up the utility of the M8. I hope it comes
- but still with an optical view finder too.
Cheers
Howard
PS: See you at Photokina too.

Replies: Reply from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Chris Williams) ([Leica] Live View on the M8 - was shattering news)