Subject: [Leica] Square Film Format for the R10
From: cummer at netvigator.com (Howard Cummer)
Date: Fri May 9 01:27:31 2008

On 9 May 2008, at 3:12 PM, lug-request@leica-users.org wrote:

> Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 18:38:41 -0700
> From: Jerry Lehrer <glehrer@san.rr.com>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] Square Film Format for the R10
> To: Leica Users Group <lug@leica-users.org>
>
> Howard.
>
> How did the discussion on the conjectural R10 get diverted from the
> possibility of a "full frame" (24x36mm) size?   Nowhere in that
> German
> newsletter
> did I get that impression.  Did you?

Hi Jerry,
I didn't start the square discussion but did add to it. It where I
think Leica may have to go to differentiate the R10 from the other
"full frame" digital SLRs
like Canon 5D, 1Ds and Nikon D3. Those, especially the new D3, are
going to be hard to beat if Leica is to expand its share of the DSLR
market which it needs
to do if it is going to recover its R&D cost for the R10 and prosper.

> Also, what do you mean by "what has happened to the price of
> Visoflexes
> with the M8"?  Why should the M8 cause the price of Visoflexes to
> rise or
> drop?

Because the Visos - especially type III - work so well on the M8,
especially with instant feed back - that people have bid up the
prices - from where they were before the M8.
This is certainly true in HK.
Cheers
Howard