Subject: [Leica] OT: EOS 70-200L sharpness
From: qiao_li at mentor.com (Qiao Li)
Date: Mon May 5 11:15:50 2008

Hi Doug,

Sorry that I am asking the question with an apparent answer.

Could you elaborate a little on how these pictures showed that DMR @
ISO400 is preferrable than Provia 400F?

To my untrained (not due to modesty) eyes, the Provia 400F picture
seems to have more noise. But the DMR photo seems to show quite some
aliasing, like the reflection from the turkey's eye, the hair at its
back, and the highlights on the red caruncle(?)?

Or the subjects in the photos helped the Provia 400F. If Provia 400F
were used to take the photo of the turkey, the aliasing would be seen
also in the digital scan?

Thanks.

Qiao