Subject: [Leica] IMG: Playing with high ISOs and Oly lenses.
From: philippe.amard at tele2.fr (Philippe AMARD)
Date: Sun May 4 11:27:14 2008

Preamble : Sorry for duplicates if you're a Leica Reflex subscriber -
remote access didn't allow posting to the LUG over the past days.

For curious and experimenting minds : I found a few minutes yesterday to
play with the gear - Ted's advice - and I wanted to share some results :

Red Dot - Maksushika merge in the mating,
(lens is Alice's Oly 40-150 or my 70-300, I don't remember as I fiuddled
with both) :
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Playground/Red+Dot.jpg.html>

Cat in the shade : High ISO for experiment - highlights out of range on
the nose - lens is Oly 70-300:
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Playground/Mitsibou.jpg.html>

Tractors in the distance (hazy and late afternoon) - shadow side at 800,
plus live view and JPEG, which means the Oly at 300 becomes a mighty
1200 in 35mm terms, distance is about 500 yards.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Playground/Tractor.jpg.html

and against the sun at ISO 1600 - blue cast results from my fiddling to
get the haze out.
Distance is about 1km. Both handheld.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Playground/Tractor2.jpg.html

More "fun shots" and experiments on page 4 of my playground.

Comments and advice welcome as usual.
Phx