Subject: [Leica] DMR owners?
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Fri May 2 14:41:18 2008

Bill Nelsch
Charlie Chan
Doug Herr
Fred Hess
George Lottermoser
Jeff Moore
Jim Nelon (2)
Mehrdad Sadat
Robert Stevens
Stasys Petravicius
Tom Lianza
Tom Schofield

2008-05-02-01:46:55 wildlightphoto@earthlink.net:
> 12 owners, 13 DMRs on the list.

Actually correct, now that I've added myself.

Which leads me to mention -- I've been meaning to offer mine for sale
(preferably as a set with the R8 body the Leica service folk have gotten
it properly married to, after some initial difficulty, and a second
battery) if someone wishes to make a non-insulting offer.  I just
haven't gotten around to making a proper set of for-sale photos, and
looking up details like whether I still have the boxes (probably).

The DMR setup is just woefully, criminally underutilized now that I have
the M8 I kind of really wanted all along.  The DMR makes astonishingly
high-quality images in the right hands (as, for example, Doug's) with
the right light (the kind you find outside, from that "sun" thing, not
inside at night where I make most of my photos).  But it's not the ideal
instrument for me, and I'm wasting it.

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] DMR owners?)