Subject: [Leica] The Fleet is in!
From: cummer at netvigator.com (Howard Cummer)
Date: Mon Apr 28 21:00:32 2008

Hi Luggers,
The US Fleet is in Hong Kong today - a sign of (again) warming
relations between Washington and Beijing. Last November the fleet was
denied permission to stop in Hong Kong because Washington was being
nice to the Dalai Lama. This hurt the bottom line of a lot of Hong
Kong businesses. This visit is the last for the "Kitty Hawk" aircraft
carrier which is being retired after 41 years. I talked to some
sailors from the KH and they said they wouldn't miss her at all and
were looking forward to working on the replacement. The 7 ship fleet
is anchored in the harbour that I pass through on the ferry from
Lantau Island to Central Hong Kong and here is a two picture pano of
#54 taken with the M8 from the moving deck of the ferry. This is hard
to match given water patterns and tilting horizons but here it is. As
Kyle would say:
Damn I'm good!
Cheers
Howard