Subject: [Leica] RE: How many M8s + Noct's!
From: freakscene at weirdness.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Wed Apr 23 05:50:27 2008

One Noctilux, currently 2 M8s.  The one M8 I have used with the Nocti (the
other one lives on a microscope) focuses well at f1 and f5.6 - as I
commented yesterday the increase in depth of field at f5.6 more than
compensates for the focus shift.  Between f2 and f4 in particular, things
are decidedly less accurate and I tend to use that lens either wide open or
stopped down quite a bit.  I thought I was going mad or at least blind, so I
checked it on an optical bench.  The effect is real.  The problem with the
M8 is pixel peeping makes it so easy to look at huge effective enlargements,
so you can really see it.  I really have to remember to stop doing that.
The sensor is so good it's also really easy to see the loss in contrast.

Marty

Gallery:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/main.php?g2_itemId=7617

Most people can only judge of things by the experiences of ordinary life,
but phenomena outside the scope of this are really quite numerous.
        Shen Kuo - 'Dream Pool Essays'

--
Want an e-mail address like mine?

Replies: Reply from lkhermann at bresnan.net (LEE HERMAN) ([Leica] RE: How many M8s + Noct's!)