Subject: [Leica] F 5.6 and don't be there!
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Mon Apr 21 17:15:00 2008

Doug, we were well overdue to have a Leica rumour thread anyway ;-)
I don't doubt Dr Yao's connection and information. Heck I think that he
personally owns one of everything that Leica has ever produced as well! At
least it looks that way in Steve's users' gallery.
The reason for my amazement if this new wunderlens appears is both how
technically difficult it would be, if not near impossible, to design and how
much it would presumably cost.
I don't know if Leica can afford the luxury of such a flagship item either.
As to my dream of a 16mm f4, I have no evidence what so ever, only wishful
thinking. That conjured from the new emphasis on more modestly priced and
apertured sphericals and the existence of the Zeiss Ikon competitor.
Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/