Subject: [Leica] FS: Leicaflex SL2
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Fri Apr 18 01:01:48 2008

You'll miss taking them in your hand, pressing the button and hearing
that soft thunnkk and the subsequent soft mechanical meshing of
perfectly machined cogs when you wind on , even when there's no film in
them. The cool feel of precision engineered massive bodywork, almost no
plastic, a satisfying weight, the simplicity, the perceived excellence
of the whole camera.
Keep them in a glass cabinet where you can always see them , take them
out every now and again and simply enjoy the feel of them, the feel of
love and craftsmanship that was put into them in the days when cameras
were built and not just assembled - they don't eat anything except a
little space, and they're always ready to go without thinking about new
batteries, recharging or whatever.

I often had the same thoughts, but a chrome and a black SL, an SL2
'50-Jahre' and an SL2 Mot are still only a foot or so from my left
shoulder as I write (not to mention an R3, R5 and R7).  I began with
Leicas by thinking upgrade to the next model when it comes out, and use
the previous model to part-pay for it - it never worked.
Best from Hannover
Douglas