Subject: [Leica] IMG: spring actually arrived
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu Apr 17 08:37:32 2008

George Lottermoser asked:

http://www.imagist.com/blog

c&c always appreciated

just curious:

since shifting from PAW to blog at the beginning of the year

comments and critiques have gone down to almost nil

is this due to blog format?

or?<<<<<

Hi George,

Interesting question not easily answered.

But I think the BLOG format becomes a posters personal diary first, look at
pictures second.

Rather than photographs only, where most viewers can slip by quickly
enjoying the visual moment.

Given some days time for the screen is served up in miniscule work portions.
Not to be wasted reading about another's life only of interest to the person
writing the BLOG and or their families.

Sure if time allows a quick read of a BLOG, Nathan's for example really are
worth the extra time. Possibly because he began ahead of most others, but
they're always so well done and written they make it worth while.

Not to say yours aren't!

But there isn't any question, we see a proliferation of BLOGS posted.

And if a poster is looking for genuine feed back on the photography they
actually are cutting down on viewing and response time for genuine critique.

Most BLOGS  add to screen time because the viewer must work through extra
clicks and buttons, obviously not all as some can be slipped through
quickly. Others? It only takes one extra click and its history, delete. :-(

I trust this kind of answers your question. However, I'm sure others will
have entirely the opposite re-action.

ted