Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG ot: sorry, I meant the 14-24.
From: felixmaturana at telefonica.net (FÂelix LÂopez de Maturana)
Date: Wed Apr 16 09:28:41 2008

> Felix,
>
> Do you like the lens?
>
> Leo

I really do. I am very found of wide lenses and this lens is the best
wide zoom i've seen for decades and that starting from 14mm and f2.8. It
is  far better than Nikkor 12-24mm for DX cameras. Is far, far, better
than 14mm Canon f2.8 and better than Canon EF 16-35mm f2.8 second
harvest -the first one  was very, very, bad-.  It's not worse than
legendary Hologon 16mm f8 and much better than Voigtl?nder 12mm f5.6.
And I'speaking about some wide that actually I own and use. In my
opinion this zoom is worth to buy the Nikon D3 for the lens not only for
the camera.

Just to back my words have a look to following pictures. *Every of them*
have bee taken with Nikon D3 and Nikkor 14-24mm f.28.

http://photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=810631

http://photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=808979

http://photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=809235

Regards