Subject: [Leica] Leica R lenses and Olympus E-510
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Apr 15 11:12:41 2008

> It was a Leica lens. Of this week's PAWs, most are taken with the
> 100mm Apo Macro on the E3. The ones of the couple on the motorbike
> also with the 1.4 teleconverter.
> Or this one from the week before (no converter, just the 100mm Apo
> Macro):
> http://www.fotocycle.dk:80/paws/uploads/2008/14alt11.jpg
>
> I use this combination quite a bit, and it works great.
>
> As for noise, it is not as good as the Nikon D3, but it is as good as
> my other DSLR, the Canon 1D Mark II. Olympus have done wonders with
> the E3 sensor, and I am pretty sure that the E-510 uses the same sensor.
>
> Nathan

The Noise issue is countered by the anti vibration issue.
Seems like you can shoot at the lowest ISO's all the time because  you can
shoot with the lowest shudder speeds and it still comes out sharp enough.

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com

Replies: Reply from philippe.amard at tele2.fr (Philippe AMARD) ([Leica] Leica R lenses and Olympus E-510)