Subject: [Leica] Recent passing
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat Apr 12 10:59:50 2008

> For some reason I was touched by the recent death of Charlton Heston.
> Generally,  I'm exempt from these feelings because of the orientation of
> our news machines. . Found this image on the Magnum site and it seems to
> say it all.
>
> http://www.magnumphotos.com/Archive/C.aspx?VP=Mod_ViewBox.ViewBoxZoom_VPage&VB
> ID=2K1HZO6BDZO65&IT=ImageZoom01&PN=10&STM=T&DTTM=Image&SP=Album&IID=2K7O3R8ZXU
> ML&SAKL=T&SGBT=T&DT=Image
>

> Walt
>
> p.s. Didn't agree with much of Heston's politics but enjoyed the hell
> out of his performances. . The above image is from one of my favorites.

I went to the same High School Charlton Heston did.
New Trier High school on the New Shore of Chicago.
Other famous people went there too but over the years Heston the name I
always use.

Heston was an early civil rights advocate. Marched with King.
Campaigned for Kennedy.
Nothings so simple.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e2/Heston_Baldwin_Brando_Civ
il_Rights_March_1963.jpg