Subject: [Leica] IMG on the trail...AND sharpening considerations
From: pkolodny at fibertel.com.ar (Pablo Kolodny)
Date: Tue Apr 8 06:14:16 2008

Hi Geoff,

mmmmhhh... by its definition you'd be right in that of if shooting raw any
of those settings would (not) apply but I'm not sure that really happens to
be that way. We never know what's really happening with in-camera settings
in raw or other file formats. Do you ? Why ? Maths inside processors is
something that is really taking place with files to be converted or not.

In what refers to that specific picture Steve's posted recently I was more
inclined to think some JPEG conversion artifacts were present over there,
not something he did or overdid.

And do have in mind that showing/sharing files over the internet does add
some weirdness to images. It is not exactly the same what we see at each of
our ends on the line. The web is not an easy game to play. Speaking of
images, of horse.

saludos
Pablo