Subject: [Leica] Repair Help......
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Sat Apr 5 22:12:54 2008

Frank, if you lift the crank, you'll see a tiny set screw in the side.  I'm
not talking about the one on the top.  Check to see if the tiny one is
tight. If it is tight, then, you may need to take it out,  Then put
something like a tongue depressor or large flat screwdriver  in the slot
that engages the cassette from the bottom of the camera.  Use a small
screwdriver in that screw on the top of the rewind to hold it while you
unscrew the crank.

Underneath, you can inspect to see if there is damage, or the washers are
stuck together.  Some gel silicone lube might be nice here, sparingly. Then
repeat the process in reverse and you may have joy.

Be gentle.

--
Regards,

Sonny