Subject: [Leica] PAW : Phx's 13th and alt - Paris
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sat Apr 5 19:20:36 2008

Hi Philippe, here are my fearless comments for this PAW
The mademoiselle on the bench is an interesting one. I like the depth sense
as well as the texture of the cobbles for its atmosphere. It works even
better in the larger version. I feel like some other framing would have been
good. I don't know, maybe a vertical with lamp post at bottom left? But
then, you've got that nice curved line of the drain edge. I just saw the
other people to right on my second look. The person entering from right
might have been good past the trees and into the frame more? The bin right
next to the mademoiselle distracts me a little (yes, I'd PS it into
oblivion).
The Alt has some intriguing elements, the bustle of the dog, and the stylish
repeating shapes of man, his shadow and the senorita. Going from left to
right, tree, lamp, shadow and trees again. I like this shot a lot. I'd cheat
and remove the sign behind the man's head, or move it higher onto the wall.
For long kiss you deserve a medal for handholding, but I need some element
sharper with the folks soft, for it to work well for me.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/