Subject: [Leica] dignity in photographing people
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu Apr 3 21:15:37 2008

To me its different when a person like Tina has devoted her life to this
helping of the poor when it gets on my nerves is when someone is doing a
school project and their last one was "clouds" and this one is "homeless"
and the next one will be "nudes of your girlfriend".
I think in the ethics department commitment helps.
It should not be an academic exercise. And easy "A".
"Oh its nice you added contrast to the weathering around the eyes on the
face!".

But when I'm walking down the street fast getting shots I don't NOT shoot it
because there may be a homeless person involved. I click at anything which
moves or anything standing still. Which pretty much covers it.

I guess I even have one uploaded
http://rabinergroup.com/EastWest/images/EW061020_145821.jpg

Looks like for some odd reason when I turned it into black and white I felt
like leaving some of the reds in.
What can I say its a new world with every upgrade of Photoshop.
Ethics wise and everything else.

We may call a person like this "homeless" but they may feel their home on
wheels is a very strong thing.

I'd been in a home on wheels for 6 months when I shot this my first week in
NY.

Geese another one!
http://rabinergroup.com/EastWest/images/EW061015_165013.jpg
Which if I titled my pix would be