Subject: [Leica] Lightroom 2.0 beta archiving
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu Apr 3 21:00:14 2008

> Hey Wade...
>
> Congratulations on the new release of lightroom...
>
> Is there any hope of Lightroom being able to maintain a catalog of images
> located on optical cdrs or dvdrs?  I have a library of over 1000 disks of
> my
> own images and I'm using Extensis Portfolio 8.5 to manage that catalog at
> the
> moment....
>
> But I would prefer to use Lightroom if it ever has the ability. I would
> love
> to find a simple single software solution for some of our staff that allows
> them to edit images, use metadata templates and catalog images with
> previews
> from optical media.
>
> Duane ( please!!!!) Birkey

IOMEGA used to give you software with their ZIPS that would keep track of
what was on all you CDs and floppies etc. and would tell you where you left
your car keys. You'd almost think.
Made it tricky installing some software every once in a while as it had to
do its thing before anything came in or came out..
I miss it!

The more you have on your lap top the more you can go command F and find it.
But command shift find would tell you if it was in a certain Cd of zip!
That was pretty cool as I did have them organized and labeled rather well.

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com