Subject: [Leica] If my leica were a memory foam mattress, which memory foam mattress would it be?
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Thu Apr 3 14:35:16 2008

Kyle I'd first recommend working on core body strength which will
really pay off by helping you support your whole body.

How you GET core body strength is probably more controversial than
what kind of mattress to buy. My neighbor is a trainer and she has a
whole array of ab exercises that I used to do before I crunched my
shoulder. Any day now I get to restart those. Yippee.... :-( She was
never a big one for the old-style sit-ups.

I'd wander over to one of those exercise physiologist types at the
University and ask them what's the right way to go. Those guys really
know their stuff, you probably have decent access (you can take
pictures...), and I've never met one who didn't like being asked about
how to help someone become stronger/more fit.

After a LONG time we just bought a new mattress - a tempupedic (or
what have you.) It's comfortable but it took a while for us to adjust
to. That said I now get a really good night's sleep (except for the
puppy...different story) and don't awaken with parts that feel like
they've been forced into the shape of a pretzel. Chosing a mattress
takes time/energy and $$$$. One of the simple overlays might work for
you. If they don't then you're out less than if you buy one of the
expensive ones.

The suggestion about the back pack strikes me as a very good one. I
have one that holds the 1Ds MK ii with the 560 on it that works like
that - for hiking around down in Arizona it's great - the camera is
secure - I'm balanced - good shoes and a walking stick, a hat and
water and I'm good to go.

Adam