Subject: [Leica] If my leica were a memory foam mattress, which memory foam mattress would it be?
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Thu Apr 3 11:44:24 2008

Two decades of carrying 20+lbs of camera gear and gin around in a giant
domke have done a number on my poor back. Having been brainwashed by
National Public Radio for all these years advising me during the groggy
hours of the morning that for sleep comfort, I need a Tempurpedic bed
from the Healthy Back Store, I went to their website and found that to
asuaged by camera-related injury would cost about $2200, which is
cheaper than an M8, but more expensive than a D300. I noticed that there
are knockoffs ranging from $500 to $1400 -- the $500 models have no free
return and the mid-priced model has a 365 day trial. (you might just say
"just try them out and if you don't like it, send it back, you idiot,
stop bothering us with this nonsense" -- but I'd rather avoid all the
repackaging and whatnots.)  I'm assuming that since y'alls also carry
20+ lbs of stuff around (except for you lazy Europers who only have to
carry 10 kilograms) on one shoulder for the past 20 years y'all also
have backs that are made out of oreo cookies and millet (I'm not sure
what that means, but it sounds funny) and some of you have discovered
the magic bed that makes the pain go away. Percoset probably also makes
the pain go away, but I don't want to start looking like one of those
old men at the diner setting out 90 pills before his chipped beef
arrives.

Thanks for your advice.

kyle

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] If my leica were a memory foam mattress, which memory foam mattress would it be?)