Subject: [Leica] CV 15mm lens on M8
From: nikonnut at mac.com (Douglas Lee)
Date: Thu Mar 27 09:32:58 2008

Steve,

I have recently rejoined the LUG after a long absence only to find I am not
the only one who gets befuddled from time to time. :-)

Simple answer, I believe, is no. If the 21mm just about fills it the 15mm
will be too wide. No need to consider the "crop" factor at all. The widest
frame lines are for the 24mm. The 21mm is a bit wider so perhaps the edges
of the M8 viewfinder are a good apprximation. So, if the 21mm can fit in the
viewfinder, the 15mm will be much too wide. What you would need would be a
21mm finder fro the 15mm lens. (M8 frame lines are configured with the
"crop". External viewfinders are not.)

BTW, I realize this is a poor post to re-introduce myself to the LUG, but
such it is.

Regards,
Doug Lee