Subject: [Leica] AS IS Insanity
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Thu Mar 27 09:29:31 2008

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 4:33 PM, Harrison McClary <lists@mcclary.net> wrote:
> Just looking that that camera puts my teeth on edge...how in the h@** do
>  you do that to a camera?  Looks like he tried to destroy it!

Not really.

Happened to me once with an M4.

I put it into my little backpack (rucksack ?), swung the thing up on
my shoulders but had forgotten to close it.

The M4 flew out a few meters, landed on the asphalt and got cracked
about like that M6 looks.

Solms fixed it up better than new for around 300 Euros. That was a few
years ago (maybe 6 or so), but they really did a fine job. The 300
Euros included a new shutter and things like that just for good
measure. The camera was in for the first time for a CLA so there was a
bit to do.

Some of the local repair people (officially sanctioned by Leica) tried
to convince me it wasn't worth it and that I should just buy another
used M4.

Solms was pretty good. Only took 10 days too, and that was including
the shipment from here to there and back.

Daniel

Message from summarex at hotmail.com (Javier Perez) ([Leica] AS IS Insanity)
Message from lists at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary) ([Leica] AS IS Insanity)