Subject: [Leica] lens kit for europe
From: dbirkey at hcjb.org (Duane Birkey)
Date: Wed Mar 26 20:47:55 2008

I would....

1) Make sure your camera gear is insured ideally for replacement value.

2) Check with your insurance agent as to what you need to file a claim in
case it is stolen.

3) Take both M8 and DSLR....  you'll have something if either one dies, gets
broken from a drop, or worse case scenario gets stolen.  (you'll enjoy your
trip more if it is insured too!!!!l)

Ideally your backup uses the same cards, batteries and chargers.... having
two different systems unfortunately adds extra periferials, size and weight.

When I travel, I shoot as much or probably a bit more with a 70-200 than
with a real wide zoom 16-35mm...  It really depends on your vision and what
you are photographing....  Usually what you really want in photo gets lost
in sweeping wideangle shots as your mind sees it bigger than the wideangle
lens will.

Actually I'd recommend that you only take the DSLR....

As that would allow you to loan me M8 while you are gone.....  ; )

Duane (I'd take good care of it) Birkey

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] lens kit for Europe)