Subject: [Leica] Lens kit for europe
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (TED GRANT)
Date: Tue Mar 25 12:54:09 2008

Sonny Carter offered wisely:

> Just take the M8, a 15, a 28, and maybe a 90.  The two
> extra lenses can ride in a pocket.  In another pocket  two spare
> batteries and a spare SD card.   Add a microfiber cloth, and you have
> a kit.<<<<<

Hi Sonny,
I was nearly going to say that in my earlier post. But fiured the SLR and
80-200 wouldn't be too bad a load. However?
There's a big difference if one is working, then one hauls everything you
own because you can't go home not having the images that broke your heart
they were so beautiful and you didn't have the 400mm.
However, if one is on a sight & see trip it truly is best to go light, shoot
what turns you on and go home with beautiful unburdened photos with stories
of how tired you were at the end of each day's holiday "carrying all that
damn equipment I never used!!" :-(
It should be remembered people like HCB didn't carry a half dozen cameras as
he popped about Paris doing his thing. There's more to be said about using
ones photographic eye with one camera than the option of grabbing a choice
of two or three. :-)
So Gene old buddy when you read this and Sonny's comments it might be a
couple of thoughts to consider. :-)
One M8, a couple of lenses and shoot everyone's butt off!:-) Go for it! :-)
I double dare you! :-) :-)
ted