Subject: [Leica] Two flashes or one?
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Mon Mar 24 07:25:04 2008

Richard,It depends, if you have enough light to use fill flash then one on
camera flash dialed down somewhere about -1stop in  aperture priority can
give a pleasing look.  If the event is in the typical black hole and you
have an assistant who can intelligently direct the flash then definitely two
flashes.

The third alternative if the room permits is to place the second flash in a
specific place pointing at where you think the action is.  Even if the flash
shows in the image sometimes that can work as well.  Monte Zucker and Clay
have some images in their portfolio that show this.

Really, just abuse some electrons and shoot a lot of frames until you sort
out what works for you.