Subject: [Leica] the problem with HDR is ....
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Sat Mar 22 11:11:12 2008

I believe that any and every photographic technique will stand the
test of time if and when the technique is used to express soulful,
artistic vision (in the best sense of those terms). If the techniques
are being applied out of idle curiosity, a desire to be the first on
the block, a desire to plagiarize or copy an effect of another media,
etc. then time will relegate the images and their makers to the trash
bin.

Don't think it's the techniques, in and of themselves, which time
judges harshly - but their application. I have no doubt that an
artist will produce some significant images using HDR. You may not
even recognize it as such; because when the significant artist works
- the technique usually disappears behind the art.

Fond regards,
George
george@imagist.com
www.imagist.com