Subject: [Leica] Memory shock
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Fri Mar 21 17:01:07 2008

They built a Costco up the road from us a bit, gave out some free
memberships, so we bit and joined up.

A lot of America's obesity problems are explained by walking through Costco.

But, I'm walking along there are memory cards on sale, a dual pack of
2 GB Sandisk Extreme II's for $25. It might have been $22. I found
myself wondering what planet I was living on. I have this memory of
paying on the order of $50 for one of these cards about the time I
bought my M8?

And now I see 1 TB Seagate drives are out there for $250-280 dollars.
I have to figure they are getting reliable enough to use for long-term
storage.

What's next? Political speeches about race relations? Cats and dogs
living together?

My mind is boggling...

Adam

Replies: Reply from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams) ([Leica] Re: Memory shock)