Subject: [Leica] Somewhat OT Canon lens question
From: leica at rcmckee.com (R. Clayton McKee)
Date: Thu Mar 20 20:54:46 2008

Quoth the Ken Carney :

> Thanks, that helps a lot.  It is logical (big red flag) that if
> there was a problem, Canon would note it.

As much of the pro journalist market as they have, even if they
didn't note it the word WOULD have gotten around.  I'm not that well
connected, but haven't heard peep one across NPPA-L, and I'd expect
to hear about it either there or here.

> Why is the Domke strap preferable, if I may ask?  I like the Upstrap
> since
> it doesn't slip off the shoulder, though it tends to shred your skin
> a bit if you have a light shirt.

I usually carry cameras over my left shoulder and neck, with my bag
on the right, and when I pulled the camera on my left up to my eye to
shoot, the upstrap pad dug in and bound, and wouldn't allow me enough
slack.  When I shrugged it loose, it slid all the way down to my
elbow and sat there swinging like a several-ounce pendulum, shaking
my arm and driving me crazier than I already am.  Great idea, well
made, just didn't suit the way I work.

It was wonderful for carrying the camera when I wasn't trying to USE
it, though....

(I also like the quick releases on the domke; when I've got the
cameras on tripods I can tie them on, just in case.  I'm a BIG fan of
leashes.)

--

R. Clayton McKee                           http://www.rcmckee.com
Photojournalist                               rcmckee@rcmckee.com