Subject: [Leica] Smart Cameras
From: ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter)
Date: Tue Mar 18 08:37:23 2008

About the new Pentax Optio 20
"A Face Recognition function automatically detects and focuses on
faces, then sets the optimum exposure.  Smile Capture detects the key
facial expression of happy people and releases the shutter
automatically.  Blink Detection reports to the user whether any
subjects closed their eyes in an image, so that the shot may be
recaptured if necessary"

Smarter cameras-dumber photographers?

I can see this irritating the crap out of me, but my mom would love
this technology;^)

ric

Replies: Reply from pkolodny at fibertel.com.ar (Pablo Kolodny) ([Leica] Smart Cameras)