Subject: [Leica] IMG: PAW catching up (10 and 11)
From: afirkin at afirkin.com (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Mon Mar 17 14:22:17 2008

On Friday we attended my partners farewell dinner. I was a speaker (in fact,
I penned a song and sang it but that's another story)and I left Helen to
take some images. Last night she wanted me to "clean" them up and to sort
file and prepare them for printing. We chose 50 images, tweeked and touched
up, re-exposed and cleaned up the files and burnt them to a CD (my new
DVD/CD burner on the MacPro failed, but I used the G4 in "disgust". In all,
it took over 2 solid hours, almost as long as the evening itself, and I was
very very edgy by the end. The images look great now, BUT having spent all
day on the computer at work and then all evening at home, the magic is
clearly wearing thin. Time now to go to work again, fire up another computer
stare at a screen all day. Its too hot for the darkroom anyway as Marty
pointed out: heat waves and processing do not really mix.

Cheers to all and I must get my IIIf and g out Daniel

Alastair