Subject: [Leica] OT: different Apple desktops
From: scheng at aotera.org (Spencer Cheng)
Date: Wed Mar 12 05:43:14 2008

Hi Nathan,

Basically, you give up expandability. The HD is hard to change when
you run out of space. No expansion slots if you have some old H/W like
SCSI cards or really fancy audio cards or .... No dual quad-cored CPUs
to accelerate Photoshop.

Supports external monitor via DVI.

It has been said that the LCD is not as high quality as Apple's
standalone monitors though that is just hearsay.

Other than that, probably not much. Think of it as an oversized, desk-
bound, vertical MacBook Pro with a detached keyboard. :)

Regards,
Spencer

Replies: Reply from leowesson at gmail.com (leo wesson) ([Leica] OT: different Apple desktops)