Subject: [Leica] Not Buying M8
From: lug at steveunsworth.co.uk (Steve Unsworth)
Date: Tue Mar 11 13:28:31 2008

Thanks Steve, the cheque's in the post <grin>.

Being serious, I think that most photographs taken by most people have
always been snaps. In film days an interesting photograph (i.e. A photograph
of interest to people other that the people involved and their relatives)
was the exception. This hasn't changed with digital.

I'll admit I take more photographs with the M8 that I did with the M6. Maybe
30% more, no more than that. On my recent trip to Crufts in the UK I took
about 240 images in a 3 hour period. I think that if I'd have been shooting
film I would have taken about the same.

The odd thing is that the more I've been using the M8, the more I've been
gravitating back to b&w - and this has nothing to do with sensor issues
<grin>, but to still have the colour version available is very useful at
times.

Steve