Subject: [Leica] Leica CEO: Restructuring 80 percent don
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Mon Mar 10 13:15:37 2008

While much of what you present below has elements of practical truth
- I don't find it useful.

I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that the full frame Canons and
Nikons use CMOS.
DMR, M8 and Medium format backs use CCD.
I do have choices of sensor technology to the same extent I have
choices of systems.
It would seem that a discussion of technical comparisons of the two
technologies would have value and effect on which system one may plan
to 'buy into' for various types of work.

Can't help but wonder: with the relative cost savings of the CMOS why
we don't see it being used in the medium format world - it would seem
that those folks could have a true 6x6 CMOS back for the cost of some
of the non-FF backs????

Fond regards,
George
george@imagist.com