Subject: [Leica] new residence hall
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Mon Mar 10 08:48:45 2008

Don,

I don't understand the frame building either, but it is Louisiana, and we
are a timber state.  When they took down the "Permanent"  tornado-proof
dorm, it took seven months.  I think they are planning a shorter life,
though these will be brick veneer.   A classroom building nearby is getting
a renovation, and it has metal framework on the new (non-flat) roof. Why
they built so many buildings with flat roofs in rain country is beyond me.

Back on topic, yes, this is my second  CV 15.  I found the first too wide
for my tastes with film, (body parts kept getting in the bottom of my frame
:-)   ) and traded it for a 21.   Then came the M8, and I  saw a MDa with a
15 and finder at a good price you know where, and bought them.  I recovered
the camera, and it looks pretty nice .  Scroll down for the before shot:
http://www.sonc.com/MDa.htm

I shoot this lens without filters, because it seems to be OK for the kind of
stuff I use it for.  I might break down and get a cut filter for it, if I
take to liking it a lot.   So I have a 21 finder, but most of the time I
just wing it as the whole world  seems to be in the shot.

So--
Regards,

Sonny
http://www.sonc.com