Subject: [Leica] OT! Macintosh Parallels Vs VMWare (warning: Apple content!)
From: shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka)
Date: Sat Mar 8 07:57:12 2008

a very off-topic question which i ask because i know
there resides here a unique intersection of computer-literate
folks, and practical and intelligent apple users who ride
their machines hard.

our family has intel versions of the imac and ibook but we occasionally
"need" a PC version of some program or another.  for aethetic reasons,
i'd prefer something that can run the virtual PC (XP) out of a unique
disk partition.  something that would work with boot camp would be
perfect.

i bought Parallels about a year ago, but it never really worked
from the boot camp partition.  Parallels say i can buy a new version
which might fix the problem, but I hate buying software once and
loathe buying it twice. so maybe better to switch from Parallels to
VMWare.

anybody have any experience comparing  Parallels and VMWare, preferably
with Apple Bootcamp?

thanks,

-rei

--