Subject: [Leica] No M9 in the near future
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri Mar 7 15:27:23 2008

> I love my M6 & 50mm summilux....as much (or more than when I bought them
> new
> for $3800 back in 2000.  They are a pure joy to hold, use, and own. Just
> bought a D300 w/ 17-55mm 2.8 and it does a fine job...I still love taking
> pictures with the M6!

I spent a fortune on a 21 and 24 ASPH Elmarit M's 7 and 8 years ago and got
great results with them on film.

Unlike Canon glass I'd bet they'd give me excellent performance right out to
the edges on a Leica approved sensor just like they do with film.

They are relatively heavy and not compact.
They are no holds barred optics which deserve better than this:

21 * 1.33 = 27.93
24 * 1.33 = 31.92

5 grand

Put high tech expensive filters over the lenses.
Wait for them to arrive.

These numbers for me don't add up.

I don't need a new drug I need a new idea from Leica on how they're going to
do this digital thing which is photography in the present era.

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com

Replies: Reply from lug at steveunsworth.co.uk (Steve Unsworth) ([Leica] No M9 in the near future)