Subject: [Leica] No M9 in the near future
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri Mar 7 12:56:02 2008

> And the weakness remains in the photographer.  Not the camera.
>
> As Ted would say, just go out and take some pictures.

Yea well a format is a format.
We're talking the difference between full frame and half frame.
Which is like the difference between full frame and medium format.
And when you  move up or down a format its a different ballpark as to your
end result. All talent and dedication aside. You walk in and out of the
shoot with a whole different set of options.

Perhaps we're people on the LUG who only had a Focomat in our darkroom so a
Rolleiflex would be a wasted exercise.
Small format would have to rule. Small format can do anything. Has to no
other fits in our Focomat.

That would explain an indifference to a full format change.
Especially when it took place in what amounts to the same camera body.
That's like too tempting getting your cake and eating it too.

What if you could send in your MP and have them upgrade it so I would shoot
645 would that be tempting? With out making the camera body any bigger.
Take pictures of your girlfriend Morgan Fairchild.

A ridiculous dream come true that's what that is!
Of course we'd go for it.
Or wait for it.

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com