Subject: [Leica] PAW : Phx's 10th -Ted
From: philippe.amard at tele2.fr (Philippe AMARD)
Date: Wed Mar 5 23:34:12 2008

Hi Ted,

thanks for your healthy remarks. :-)

First : was there a way to shoot it vertical ? Yes, it was shot
vertical. Why? instinct.

I have now posted the near original shot (slight crop on the right hand
side to get down to 35mm format.
http://tinyurl.com/2w27cw
Technically the problem was that the wall was much lighter than the
statue, I measured light spot on the statue, my mistake, and not.

I have also asked Philippe my tireur the questions you so aptly put.
Here are his answers this morning:

Second : why crop? Instinct, plus the doctors' parking plates - I may
have been too lazy to dub them off in PS, he said.
Third : Why mutilation of the statue? I probably needed an angle to have
the face and the (cell?) bars as a focus to give strength to an ordinary
plain shot of a Christ.

He added he had had to fiddle quite a lot with light settings to get
that result out of LR and PSE, and would probably never be able to
repeat it on the larger full version :-(
I hate him for that.

Thanks again for your nice help and suggestions.
Philippe and I are really sorry for further mutilating the crucified,
and also for making the photographer almost cry.

Amiti?s
Phx