Subject: [Leica] Re:New DSLR combo smaller than a M6
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed Mar 5 09:17:25 2008

> Hold on, a digital SLR kit that can be sold with a normal non-zoom lens?
> That's just plain crazy. It's about time!
>
> Chris
Put a pancake in front of this and any number of DSLR bodies and you've got
an entirely different beast. A beast of the non monster sort. More of a
bobcat.
But it helps if one is available.
This has been a gripe of mine with the 4/3 systems for some time.
And even the way most 1.5 crop systems have been marketed. And implemented.

I often have a simple prime wide or 45mm pancake in front of my main axe
which for a year now has been a Nikon D40x.

If I put a zoom on it I often have to switch my side bag to a bigger one to
accommodate it.

The best camera is the camera you've got with you.
A camera at home is a waste.

Pentax is the best at this.

They have a full line of pancakes, wide, normal and tele.

That reminds me I'm low on confectionaries sugar.
Helps spread the highlights.

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com